EXPLANATIONS OF CRITICAL BILLS & CALLS TO ACTION
With the number of days left in the 87th Texas Legislative Session relegated to less than one month, it is past time to pay attention to what your legislators are paying attention to, themselves.
Several priority bills to Texas conservatives are slowly making it through the calendar committee. The list below includes bills that are designated as priority bills by the Republican Party of Texas:
- HB 2339 - Klick - Relating to the use of information from the lists of noncitizens and nonresidents excused or disqualified from jury service.
- HB 2546 - Jetton | Cain - Relating to the enforcement by the secretary of state of certain voter roll maintenance provisions; creating a criminal offense.
- HB 3297 - Allison - Relating to election integrity and the prevention of fraud in the conduct of an election; creating criminal offenses; increasing a criminal penalty.
- HB 4044 - Cain - Relating to a registrar's failure to cancel voter registrations under applicable law.
- HB 4331 – Jetton | Lozano - Relating to vote harvesting; creating an offense; creating a civil penalty.
- HB 525 - Shaheen | Dean - Relating to the protection of religious organizations.
- HB 3940 - Cain | Slawson | Vasut | Murr | Leach - Relating to discrimination against or burdening certain constitutional rights of an applicant for or holder of a license to practice law in this state.
- HCR 1 - Stephenson - Supporting prayers, including the use of the word "God," at public gatherings and displays of the Ten Commandments in public educational institutions and other government buildings.
- HJR 72 - Leach | Parker | Noble | Slawson - Proposing a constitutional amendment to prohibit this state or a political subdivision of this state from prohibiting or limiting religious services of religious organizations.
CHILDREN AND GENDER MODIFICATION:
- HB 1399 - Krause | Oliverson | Hefner | Parker - Relating to professional liability insurance coverage for and prohibitions on the provision to certain children of procedures and treatments for gender transitioning, gender reassignment, or gender dysphoria
- HB 1911 - White | Burrows | Canales | Schaefer | Hefner - Relating to provisions governing the carrying of a handgun by certain unlicensed persons and to other provisions related to the carrying, possessing, transporting, or storing of a firearm; providing criminal penalties.
- HB 2713 - Hefner | White | Metcalf | Bell, Cecil - Relating to the removal, relocation, alteration, or construction of certain monuments, memorials, or designations located on public property; authorizing a civil penalty.
- HB 3013 - Biedermann | Krause | Burns - Relating to displays and exhibits located on the grounds of the Alamo complex.
HB 6 IS GOING TO THE FLOOR!
HB 6, the election integrity bill we have been working on since the beginning of session, is going to the floor for debate TOMORROW (May 6th). The third reading will be Friday, May 7th.
CALL TO ACTION
If you have a Democrat representative, please contact them and ask them to support the bill! If you have a Republican representative, please contact them and thank them for supporting the bill!
Watch the legislative proceedings here.
Contacts you may not have:
- Chairman Dustin Burrows: 512-463-0542 -- Dustin.Burrows@house.texas.gov
- Committee Clerk Paige Higerd: 512-463-0758
- Rep. Cody Harris: 512-463-0730 -- Cody.Harris@house.texas.gov
- Rep. Cole Hefner: 512-463-0271 -- Cole.Hefner@house.texas.gov
- Rep. Ben Leman: 512-463-0600 -- Ben.Leman@house.texas.gov
- Rep. Jared Patterson: 512-463-0694 -- Jared.Patterson@house.texas.gov
- Rep. Shelby Slawson: 512-463-0626 -- Shelby.Slawson@house.texas.gov
- Rep. Tom Craddick: 512-463-0500 -- Tom.Craddick@house.texas.gov
- Rep. Joe Moody: 512-463-0728 -- Joe.Moody@house.texas.gov
- Rep. Ana Hernandez: 512-463-0614 -- Ana.Hernandez@house.texas.gov
- Rep. Toni Rose: 512-463-0664 -- Toni.Rose@house.texas.gov
- Rep. James Talarico: 512-463-0670 -- James.Talarico@house.texas.gov
Rep. Steve Toth: (512) 463-0797
Rep. Will Metcalf: (512) 463-0726
Rep. Cecil Bell: (512) 463-0650
Covid bill packed with pork, not covid relief
reports that one of the results of Big Government is rampant corruption, which is a feature, rather than a bug. Power in the hands of a few without transparent or public oversight makes it possible. Look at the non-Covid issues the $1.9 Trillion Covid Stimulus Bill has buried in it. #Corruption #YourTaxDollars #BloatedBill
CONSIDERATIONS FOR AMERICA ON MLK DAY
(TXPBC-PAC) – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was admired as a worldwide principled man that was true to his beliefs. Below are a few key MLK principles that hold true today in a world where disinformation is rampant and social media has become a platform to divide our country by race, politics, region, education, and using fear-mongering and spin as the weapon to cause harm. We are optimistic that people still know what is good in this country, good in its people and we know we see good every day if we are paying attention to real life. Yes, politics will play out, always has and always will. We believe our country is not as screwed up as portrayed on the news and social media. Both sides of the aisle know they are elected to serve, and we believe those that put them in office are paying close attention to what is important. We pray that truth, honesty, transparency, respect, honor, and some economics 101 will win the day. Remembering a few MLK principles can go a long, long way in helping make that happen.
1. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
2. We must either learn to live together as brothers or we are all going to perish together as fools.
3. An Individual has not started living fully until they can rise above the narrow confines of individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of humanity.
4. Every person must decide at some point whether they will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
5. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
6. This is no time for apathy or complacency. This is a time for vigorous and positive action.
FUTURE LEADERS SUPPORTING TXPBC EFFORTS
(TXPBC-PAC) – In support of all their efforts, we extend a warm thank you to Father-Daughter team, Randy and Nora, for working the polls for the TXPBC, in the rain on Friday! We are proud to see future leaders get involved in politics at an early age, exactly what the TXPBC advocates. The organization is looking for others looking to make a difference!
TXPBC voters guide OUT FOR DISTRIBUTION
(TXPBC-PAC) – The TXPBC 2020 General Election Voters Guide is complete and being distributed. The Guide is available at Early Voting locations and by mail. It is a comprehensive list to use for back-up and confirmation that the candidates are actually the best selection for their job. Or, if one is a bit unsure of a particular race, the TXPBC has done the homework and selected candidates, based upon qualifications.